Tuesday, December 4, 2007

put out AGAIN :(

Well here's another update...

Yesterday the restoration company showed up to do something next door. They needed some power...so of course had to plug-in on our side!! Well...I heard some spraying sound...and started to smell some stinky fumes. I went over to ask if I was supposed to open windows...since Klous & I were both there...SMELLING IT!!! The guy felt HORRIBLE and told me to open windows and see if that would help air it out.
I found out that they were spraying in there to cover up the fire smell that is still in the wood. They were going to do an ozone machine over there too...but opted for this spray instead!! Well this "spray"...is an OIL BASED PRIMER...and they had to spray EVERY stud and piece of wood...everything that smelt like fire/smoke. So it was a LOT of primer. So needless to say...Klous & I sat over there for about an hour dealing with it...and finally I called Ryan to have him come get us...it was making me sick...so I ran some errands while the guys finished it up...and when I came home they were done...I opened the windows and doors on our side...but remember it is DECEMBER and only 38 degrees or something??? So it was quite chilly in our house...so I closed some of the windows and doors...and turned the furnace up a bit...well that was NOT a good idea...it just blew the smell ALL through the house again. BLAH :P We dealt with it til about 4:00 when I had to go get Ryan from work...we stopped by the house so he could drop us off and go to school...and he smelt it...and said..."you guys should NOT be here"...he had a headache after about 5 minutes. It was SOOO strong...of course things didn't get any better by bedtime...so we talked to our landlord and got a hotel room last night. It's nice to have a "mini-vacation"...but it sucks too. I just really want my life back...where I can do what I want when I want...bake cookies...make dinner...whatever...not be kicked out every other week. It's so ANNOYING...don't worry...I voiced my opinion on the STUPID lady who doesn't find it necessary to let us know what's going on...our landlord isn't real thrilled with her actions either...we'll see what happens??? Probably nothing...
Anyways...we'll be at the hotel tonight too...and see how things are tomorrow...I went up to open windows again this morning and it was still STINKY...so we'll see!!! Thanks for reading my venting session!!! It feels better to let it out!!! Wish us luck!!! Stay tuned for pictures from our hotel stay too :)

3 comments:

krista said...

Becki that is so horrible!! I am so sorry and hope that everything gets back to normal soon! But like you said, at least you got a "mini-vacation". Hopefully that part is at least fun!

breckster said...

I hope you are at the ritz!

The Jones :) said...

HA...wouldn't that be nice Brecken!!! Just at the Super 8 :) Can't take TOTAL advantage of them...they've been TOO nice to us through all this!! :)
-Becki :)