Wednesday, October 19, 2011

10 Years...

Well it's been 10 AMAZINGLY fun, exciting, hard, trying, love building, faith building, best decision of my life years!!!! It was 10 years ago today that my parents, younger brother Danny, and I drove from Swan River, MN to Hudson, WI to see my fiance and all his family...as well as my family for the BIG DAY!!! Oh what a time that was...
I went through the temple on Oct. 19, 2001...and that was the beginning of knowing it was the BEST choice I had ever made...we hung out...we visited...we had YUMMY homemade spaghetti dinner...we laughed...we went to the Mall of America...it was a GREAT day!!!! But really didn't compare at all to the next day...when I would marry the man of my dreams...the one I loved more then anything....the one who treats me like a princess...the one who would do and still does ANYTHING for me. I couldn't have asked for a better man...Ryan Dee Jones...I sure do love him!!
The last 10 years have been quite the roller-coaster ride...and I'm sure it won't stop...but it's been SOOOO... worth it. We've been through a LOT...and yet our love for each other has only grown stronger....how did I get so lucky!?!?!
It was on our 5th anniversary we were celebrating and enjoying our brand new baby boy Klous...sitting there thinking...man this is kind of a BIG anniversary and all we did was hang out at home and enjoy our baby boy....now we're 5 years past that and celebrating our 10 year anniversary...and are we doing anything big or extravagant??? NO...we're sitting at home...debating whether or not we should start packing or what we should do. You see...apparently Heavenly Father wants to give us some BIG blessings and things every 5 years!?!?! The 5th year we got a baby...and now the 10th year...it looks as though we'll be buying our first house!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :) :) :) No it's not the cruise I wanted...or the tropical vacation I wanted ALONE with my hubby...or the new diamond band to go along with my wedding ring...BUT...it is a house...a place of our OWN...where we will have MORE room...MORE space...MORE storage...and it's OURS!!!!
YAY!!!!
Anyways...it's been a GREAT 10 years...and I'm positive the next 10, 20, 30, 50 years will be just as amazing and wonderful. Trying at times yes...but SO worth it!!!
I love you Ryan with ALL my heart...and I'd be completely lost without you. THANK YOU for being my best friend and for loving me unconditionally. Can't wait to have a day with you tomorrow!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you find a house? Is it the one in the ward or are you leaving? I am so happy for you. It's so nice to have room and paint things however you want. Even knock out walls. And then put up new ones. Congrats.

AnnaMarie said...

Love it! Congrats on the house! And on the 10 year mark. Amazing how time flies. Only 10 years since your grad party and us all thinking you were crazy for going off and getting married to that one return missionary guy. :)