Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Going to Papa's house... :)

On Monday I called my parents to chat for a bit...when I called, both kids were asleep, so it was nice to have some peace and quiet...throughout the conversation the both woke up. Aysha was all smiles...and Klous was a bit moody...he wanted his bubbles...he wanted his baseball bat...he wanted his squirt guns...he wanted EVERYTHING and didn't understand that the reason for getting those things was for them to be REWARDS when he was a good boy!! (We're having trouble with him listening and obeying lately...UGH)...Anyways...so he was whiny...and as I was talking to my dad...Klous said...HI PAPA...and then they started chatting for a bit. Well those of you who know my dad...he told Klous to tell Mommy that he really needed and wanted his baseball bat. Thanks Dad...so we ended our phone conversation a bit later and I put the phone down. Next thing I know...Klous is getting his backpack...getting his bubbles...still whining for his baseball bat...and getting his shoes...he told me he was going to Papa's house.

I told him OK...and helped him get his backpack on...can you tell it was about 5:00 p.m and I was ready for Daddy to come home!!! Well Klous was all smiles and wanted his picture taken...so I took pictures of him "going to Papa's house"...
There he goes...headed for the door...please disregard my DISGUSTING kitchen!!
Gotta make sure Mommy is still watching...
This is where I got worried...cuz he was actually turning it and it was going to open...first time he realized he could do it by himself...GREAT...
TaDa...Look Mom!! Can you see the surprise in his eyes...he actually did it!!
Yep...he's got his bubbles and he's headed out the door...oh wait...he just heard a puppy bark and he always seems to think they're in our backyard...so he turned around, closed the door, and decided to stay home with Mommy!! Sorry Papa...we'll be there in May...and he'll HAVE to warm up to the puppy!!!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Good to hear your oldest didn't run away! Just kidding. It's funny how little kids don't understand distance. Hazel thinks it's a twenty minute drive to northern Minnesota. She wants to go visit all the time too (but hasn't packed her bags just yet). You have your hands full!