Sunday, January 27, 2008

Pres. Hinckley...1910-2008...so sad :(

For those of you who are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, you'll know who this is!! President Gordon B. Hinckley, prophet of the church, passed away about 1 1/2 hours ago. We were down at Ryan's parents watching Extreme Home Makeover, when BREAKING NEWS came on. My heart seriously sank when I heard this...I had chills run through my whole body. I'm real sad about this...I've been around for other prophets to die, but this is the prophet I've actually grown to "know" and love. So it feels like a close family member is gone. :( I called my parents and family back in Minnesota to let them know, since who knows when they would actually hear about it?? It's just real sad...I know death isn't supposed to be a sad thing, and I'm sure Pres. and Sis. Hinckley are SO SO SO happy to be together again...but I'll be sad not seeing him at the conference center anymore...or hearing him at General Conference...or reading his GREAT words of wisdom in the Ensign. So...here's to President Hinckley...I truly love this man, and have learned and know for myself that he is truly a Prophet of the Lord. I know without a doubt that he has done amazing things for the church...and in my life. I'm grateful that he was prophet at this time in my life, because I've really learned a LOT from him. So THANK YOU President Hinckley...I love you and will miss you..."God Be With You Till We Meet Again" :( :) :( :) :(

No comments: