Thursday, April 16, 2009

What the????

Ok...so I've really, REALLY had enough of winter...Ryan woke me up this morning to say good-bye and go to work...well I heard him go outside and then come right back in...I woke up more to see what was going on and he told me to look outside in the back. He had told me the first time to look outside the front and see the "little" branches that are usually on the side of the house...were now in front of the door and window...as you can see below...
When I looked out the back window I saw this...yes...branches down...lines down...
Right in the middle of the backyard...safe huh!?!?!
Not only one wire...but TWO...Ryan called the power company to see what we should do, they said they'd get someone out...he showed up and said it's not power lines...so either phone or cable. Well we don't have a land-line...only cell phones...so who knows if the "phone" is down!?!?!? And he said good luck getting them to come out since we wouldn't be top priority without having and actual line....yeah...
Well instead of sleeping a little longer...I got dressed...got my boots, mittens, and jacket on...Klous was already awake so he got all dressed for SNOW too...(reminder it is APRIL 16th)...and this is what the front looked like...yep...at least a foot of snow there...yippee...
I was shoveling and along came my 4-wheeler stranger friend...he's helped me a few times this season...I'm VERY thankful...when I get halfway done shoveling the driveway he shows up!! So so nice...
At least I have some one that can look at me and smile and make me laugh...

Oh how I love weather!!!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I'd feel sorry for you but it looks too beautiful. Still glad it's you and not me though!

Sandy M. said...

Hi Becki! You don't know me - I found my way here from a link, but I wanted to congratulate you on your attractive blog site, and especially on your beautiful looking family.
I also wanted to comment on how beautiful the snow looks! (We live in sunny Queensland, Australia,where there are over 300 days of sunshine each year.)
I hope you don't mind me visiting :)