Sunday, February 22, 2009

We're still here...kind of :)

Just an update...little Aysha is still yucky. :( Breaks my heart...Ryan's been taking her in every 4-6 hours to get suctioned. Yesterday it was more on the end of 5-6 hours...and she was showing a lot of signs of being in distress...so we decided to do it every 4 hours on the dot and hopefully that'll get her on the mend. Ryan's been AMAZING at doing it and sticking to it. I made the mistake last night of going along to watch one of the treatments...and it seriously broke my heart. I came home and just cried...to see my baby like that was more then I could handle, and to know I can't do anything for her...that hurts even more. I couldn't imagine if we were admitted and I would have to see an IV in her or oxygen or any of that...no thanks. So hopefully she's getting a little better...which I know she is...she's eaten 6 oz of formula in the last 6-7 hours...so that's GREAT. Since that was all she ate ALL DAY yesterday :( I've been nervous and watching for signs of dehydration...but hopefully she will continue eating and getting her strength back. Thank you all for your care, concern, prayers, and love. We really appreciate it...and are still putting our trust in Heavenly Father to get her through this!!
P.S...Klous is hacking and coughing too...so hopefully we can just have a HEALTHY house sometime this week!!! YUCK!!

6 comments:

Julie said...

We are still praying. Hope things go well tomorrow and the next day and every day after that.

Karla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karla said...

Are they giving her breathing treatments at all? That seemed to sometimes help Samantha breath a little better. I have a nebulizer if you want to borrow it, we got it on Sunday night, we did 2 breathing treatments and then she went into the hospital the next morning. If your doctor wants you to do treatments, and you need one, I have one. Just let me know. I even have the medicine that goes in it. I know you aren't suppose to share RX's but if your doctor give you the RX, you can have my stash instead of filling your own RX. Let me know! I can bring it to you anytime! Seriously, anytime day or night! I do hope she gets better. It is a sad thing to watch them strugle through! My cell is 995-9003 if you need me! (I wanted to edit my comment, and couldn't so I had to delete it and redo it...)

Steven & Adrienne said...

We will keep you guys in our prayers. And I hope no one else gets it, and that your kids get better really soon!

krista said...

I hope that Aysha is feeling better today! Those hospital treatments sound so horrible. Ryan is so great to take Aysha in for the treatments. Hopefully this week will be better for you family!!

Jamie said...

I already read your posts about her doing better but this one made me get all teary. I guess they are sympathetic mom tears. I hate seeing my kids hurting and in distress. When they are so small it's even more heartbreaking as you can't explain anything. I'm so glad she's doing better.