Sunday, February 8, 2009

Bows, Bows, and Flowers!!

So when I had Aysha...I was real excited about all the "accessories" for little girls!! All the cute bows and flowers and headbands and just ALL that stuff!! Well I didn't stay as excited when I started shopping around for them, and realized what people were charging for them. I had been to the kiosks in the mall...Quilted Bear...Wal-Mart...everywhere I thought might have some...and after buying some...I looked closer at them and thought...hmmm...I can make these!! So Ryan & I talked about it...and thought I can do this, try to sell some and make a little extra money, and see how it all goes. Well we stocked up on ribbon...flowers...clips...hot glue/gun...and the jewels. I started teaching myself and figuring things out...just at that time, we heard about this stupid law that is supposed to take effect on Feb. 10th. It's the one about having things tested for lead that are used or intended for children under 12. So our hopes have kind of been shot down...but regardless...I still have ALL this ribbon...flowers...clips...hot glue/gun...and the jewels. Not to mention the little girl I have...the nieces I have...the neighbors/friends I have...and all the other little girls I come in contact with. So I've still been playing...and thought I'd share some pictures of the ones I've made and still have at my house!! It's been fun...and if any of you reading this are interested in having some or are in need of anything specific...I'm willing to try new things and put them together!! Just let me know!!

My BIG flowers, little flowers, and bows!!
St. Patrick's Day bows... :) :) :) Gotta be ready for the holidays!!
BIG flowers...
Medium and little flowers...
Bows...
Bows...
Bows...
and MORE bows :)
Little flowers!!
I always thought the moms were silly when they'd put flowers on their baby's heads that were twice the size of the head!!! Well now it's so stinkin' cute...I can't help but do it too!! Aysha doesn't mind the extra accessories...and she looks adorable...so I'll keep doing it!! Plus it's a fun hobby for me...not so much though when I stay up til WEE hours of the night cuz I can't put them away!!!

5 comments:

breckster said...

That law was really dumb. I know it was meant to protect children, but really I think there should have been a clause to protect hand crafters. I wrote letters and signed petitions, I think you still can.

They are CUTE!

Laura said...

Those are soooo cute. I love the big bows and flowers. Aren't little girls so much fun!

krista said...

I love big flowers also, even when they are as big as the baby's head! I just think they are so so cute!!

Steven & Adrienne said...

Those are adorable. And from what I read about that law, it will not apply to homemade stuff...just stuff that is sold in stores, so you may still be ok to sell them. It might be worth finding out, because those are really cute!

JJ said...

Those are really creative Becki, good for you for finding a fun way to use your skills!!! I agree, that law is dumb, but worth checking into more. I love the big flowers on baby heads....so cute!!!